Berkeley College Foundation honors high-achieving students during annual scholarship awards receptionNovember 21, 2023
Photo Caption: The Berkeley College Foundation honored 14 high-achieving students during its annual Scholarship Awards Reception on Wednesday, November 8, 2023. Pictured (L to R) are Kevin L. Luing, Board Chairman, Berkeley College; Diane Recinos, EdD, President of Berkeley College; Nancy Robles, Scholarship Chair and Member, Berkeley College Foundation Board of Directors; scholarship recipients Tiffany Richards, Andre Krzyzanowski De Jesus, Wendy Pierre-Jean, Henry McGrath, Saltanat Kamillya Meiram, and Joshua Burke; John Phillips, Chair, Board of Directors, Berkeley College Foundation; and scholarship recipient Jianni DeJesus. See below for the full list of scholarship recipients.
The Berkeley College Foundation honored 14 high-achieving students during its annual Scholarship Awards Reception on Wednesday, November 8, 2023, at Berkeley College in Woodland Park, NJ. Since 2017, the Foundation has awarded $190,000 in scholarships to 58 Berkeley College students.
Congratulations to the 2023 cohort of scholarship recipients for taking the first steps in using Berkeley College’s many resources to set themselves up for success,” said John Phillips, Chair, Board of Directors, Berkeley College Foundation. “As a member of the Foundation’s Board of Directors, it has been amazing to learn of the range of tools and programs available to assist Berkeley College students as they pursue their careers.”
During the program, Ellen Zitis, Executive Director, Berkeley College Foundation, thanked attendees and sponsors for supporting the scholarship recipients on their educational journeys. Zitis read inspiring excerpts from each honoree’s application essay. Nancy Robles, Scholarship Chair and a member of the Berkeley College Foundation Board of Directors, shared how Berkeley College prepared her for a successful career as President of Eastern Funding, LLC.
These Berkeley College scholarship recipients are prepared to seize the opportunities of the future and reach their full potential,” said Diane Recinos, EdD, President of Berkeley College. “We know that once they embark on their journeys toward fulfilling and impactful careers, they will give back to their own communities.”
Winter 2023 Scholarship Recipients
- Joshua Burke of Manhattan, NY, pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies
- Saltanat Kamillya Meiram of Huntington, NY, pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies
- Tiffany Richards of Pomona, NY, pursuing Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Nyasha Williams of Freeport, NY, pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration – Management
- Amanda Youngs of East Northport, NY, pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration – Management
Fall 2023 Scholarship Recipients
- Jennifer Ayala of Elmsford, NY, pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
- Jianni DeJesus of Roselle, NJ, pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
- Kelsey Hampton of Sulphur, LA, pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
- Arionna Kline of Cadillac, MI, pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
- Andre Krzyzanowski De Jesus of Elizabethport, NJ, pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing Communications
- Julian Marshall of Jamaica in Queens, NY, pursuing an Associate in Applied Science in Information Technology Management
- Henry McGrath of Wayne, NJ, pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 3D Digital Visualization
- Wendy Pierre-Jean of West Haverstraw, NY, pursuing Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Emma Weldon of Medford, NY, pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
Title Sponsor: CohnReznick LLP
Advocate: Ai Media
Partners: Eastern Funding, LLC and Wilmington Trust
Supporter: Hackensack Meridian – Hackensack University Medical Center
Friends of the Foundation: Allan Industries, Inc., Lakeland Bank, and Gaines, Goldenfarb & Associates
Beer and Wine Sponsor: ShopRite Wines & Spirits of Clifton/Cuellar Family Markets
The mission of the Berkeley College Foundation is to provide support and resources to students pursuing quality experiences in higher education. Scholarships are awarded to current and prospective students to help defray the cost of tuition and to enhance participation in educational enrichment activities. The Foundation also funds three Berkeley College campus food pantries in Newark, NJ, Woodland Park, NJ, and New York, NY. Based in NJ, the charitable organization received 501(c)(3) status in 2015. The website address is https://berkeleycollegefoundation.org.
Berkeley College, founded in 1931, is a career-focused institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education that offers students Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and Certificate programs in more than 20 career fields. The College also offers Continuing Education programs to enhance career credentials.
Berkeley College has campuses in New York City and in Newark, Woodbridge, and Woodland Park, NJ, with more than 3,600 students enrolled. In addition, Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. U.S. News & World Report has named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans, for 10 consecutive years. Berkeley College was also ranked among the Best Regional Colleges/Universities in the North in the 2023-2024 edition of the U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges survey. The website address is https://BerkeleyCollege.edu.