Berkeley College Foundation Awards Scholarships to High-Achieving Students during Annual Scholarship Awards ReceptionNovember 9, 2022
Photo Caption: The Berkeley College Foundation honored eight high-achieving students during its annual Scholarship Awards Reception on Wednesday, November 2, 2022. L to R are scholarship recipients Dilan Ojeda, Nicole Walker, Hailey Catalano, Valeria Divas, Tori Stokes, and Amy Pestano. Not pictured are Ashley Dezuniga and Levita Winfield.
The Berkeley College Foundation honored eight high-achieving students during its annual Scholarship Awards Reception on Wednesday, November 2, 2022, at Berkeley College in Woodland Park, NJ. Since 2017, the Foundation has awarded $146,000 in scholarships to 44 Berkeley College students.
“If you think about it, education is one of the few things in life that cannot be taken away. It cannot be lost. Thank you for choosing Berkeley College for your academic journey,” Ellen Zitis, Executive Director, Berkeley College Foundation, told the scholarship recipients.
“Our scholarship recipients come from towns and cities across New Jersey and New York. Their study plans range from traditional fields like business and nursing to cutting-edge careers like 3D digital visualization,” said Diane Recinos, EdD, President of Berkeley College. “But what these Berkeley College students have in common is that they have worked hard to challenge themselves and have met – and exceeded – those challenges.”
Sponsors for the Scholarship Awards Reception included CohnReznick, Ai Media Group, Eastern Funding LLC, Wilmington Trust, and ShopRite of Passaic.
The following Berkeley College students were awarded scholarships:
- Hailey Catalano of Keyport, NJ, Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
- Ashley Dezuniga of Paterson, NJ, Pursuing a Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Valeria Divas of South Plainfield, NJ, Pursuing an Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assistant
- Dilan Ojeda of Newark, NJ, Pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Amy Pestano of Midland Park, NJ, Pursuing a Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Tori Stokes of Laurence Harbor, NJ, Pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 3D Digital Visualization
- Nicole Walker of Maplewood, NJ, Pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
- Levita Winfield of Brooklyn, NY, Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Management
Photo Captions: Ellen Zitis, Executive Director, Berkeley College Foundation (left), and Donna M. Boles, Chair, Berkeley College Foundation Board of Directors (right), address the audience during the Berkeley College Foundation Scholarship Awards Reception on Wednesday, November 2, 2022.
The mission of the Berkeley College Foundation (BCF) is to provide support and resources to students pursuing quality experiences in higher education. Scholarships are awarded to current and prospective students to help defray the cost of tuition and to enhance participation in educational enrichment activities. The BCF also awards grants to other worthy educational institutions and nonprofit organizations. In addition, the BCF launched on-campus food pantries at Berkeley College campuses in Newark and New York City, establishing a much-needed resource to address the growing economic and food insecurity challenge in higher education. The BCF also provide a subsidized MetroCard program. Based in New Jersey, the charitable organization received 501(c) 3 status in 2015.